Wednesday, February 25, 2009

i want to cry

granted, i've had a couple of beers.


our apartment got broken into today.

well.

the police and the security guards are assuming that i forgot to lock the door.


so we didn't get broken into per se...the abc was just retarded and left her door open.

so you know, i was asking for it.


they took all the extra cash i had on me. cash that i was saving to pay for chinese classes at a local college.

when we reported it to the police, they were confused at first...because my roommate's chinese isn't very good, and they had assumed nothing was taken. i got home four hours later and found out my money was gone.

1. what was taken?
2. how much money was taken?
3. (not to my face. to my roomate) why did she have that much money on her? (the doormen think i'm a whore, btw.)
4. you're not taiwanese? seriously? let's get a translator.

translator gets here.

4. she's the one that needs help? she doesnt look foreign.
5. how much money do you make a month?
6. how much does your rent cost? (nothing to do with anything, just in case you couldnt figure that out)
7.. do you have a boyfriend or husband?
8. why don't you have a boyfriend/husband?
9. you must be used to seeing black people, huh? (not that i'm [the cop] being racist, you know)

i get home from work. my roommate tells us we've been broken into. i think she's joking. then i see that she has the kitchen knife next to her on the coffee table. we answer everyone's fucking nosy ass questions. i go to the police. the male police officers practice their english on me. view me as a novelty. i go home.

while i'm at the police station, my roommate stays at the apt with the security guard, who gets into an argument with her about how she's not American. (she's ABC as well).

asshole.

the security guards tell me to pay 500 NT to pay for the cost of transcribing the surveillance tapes to CD.

i tell them, "i was just robbed, and you want me to give you money?" (we already pay a security fee for our building...on top of our rent).

they tell me they'll get back to me about it later.

i had gotten home around 9. it's midnight now. i hadnt eaten since 4. and i fucking failed the class i had taught at six.

we go to a bar.

cuz naturally, i'm an alcoholic. and i can't handle these situations. have a cigarette too. meet some dogs. wax poetic about how much greater animals are than people.

i meet a bunch of white guys who remind me why i hate america.

or just why i hate white guys.

and i think..


WELCOME TO FUCKING TAIWAN.

taiwan: 1.5 months.

4 comments:

kacey said...

omg, i'm so sorry to hear that lucia. i hope you were able to at least go to the bank and they didn't steal that money. if you didn't, i'm SO SORRY for talking to you and wasting your time that you coulda spent going there :(. man, why do the cops suck there so much!! i'm so mad that you got broken into. why didn't your roommate call you?

JanJon said...

I'm sorry to hear about that. There's nothing that I hate more than thieves. If shit could eat and shit stuff out that's what I think thieves are, they are shit that shit shits. If you need me to beat anyone up for you let me know, and I can show them how a proper criminal operates.

creamydurian said...

I wish I could be with you right now. I want to share your pain, hug you, cry for you, drink with you...but even more I want to crush the sh*t out of the f*cking crotches who did this to you! Say you want me to avenge you, and I swear to god I will bring them to you filleted, coated, and deep-fried with hot red chili peppers just to your liking. And a big glass of ice cold beer to wash it all down.

sweetnessgone said...

what?! i'm so sorry about that :( i wish i were there to give you a big hug :(((( i'm ganbatte-ing to come and see you in the summer!! hang in there!